Tuesday 25 March 2008

Reds wanted me 2 years ago-Ormerod


BRETT ORMEROD HAS revealed Gary Megson tried to sign the striker for Nottingham Forest over two years ago.

The 31 year-old has already bagged two goals in five appearances since the start of his loan spell and said he wanted to join from Southampton in 2006 when the opportunity arose.

He said: ”I had a chance to join a couple of seasons ago but it wasn’t meant to be. It was when Gary Megson was manager. I was Southampton at the time but I just wasn’t allowed to go.”

He also indicated he is unsure where his future lies after the end of the season.
He added: “I’m not ruling anything out. I’m not really thinking about my long term future-I’ve got another year at Preston, I’ve just come to get some games and hopefully help Forest get promotion. The opportunity to play for a club like this was too good to turn down.”

No comments: