Wednesday 19 March 2008

Back on track


NATHAN TYSON HAS reiterated he is back on track to score the goals to help Nottingham Forest’s play-off push.

The 25 year-old has been relieved to return to the side near unscathed in his comeback from a hamstring injury, finishing his first 90 minutes in over a month in the draw against Walsall.

And he is pledged he will seek to add to his six league goals indicating he is pleased
the side is playing to his strengths that led to the goals against Southend and Walsall.

He said: ”It was nice running on to the ball against Southend and Walsall-I haven’t had that for a while. It is nice playing more direct and I think that’s what we needed at that point at half-time in the first game-me coming on and trying to open up the game.”

“There’s not really much added pressure (with the other strikers not scoring) I just have to do what I need to and get my head down and work hard.”

“I’m not fully fit yet and I’m just getting told I’ve got to rest where possible.
If we end up going in the play-offs this year I definitely don’t want to miss them.”

“It’s something that needs to be keep worked on and I just have to do lighter sessions in the week sometimes.”

And he also discussed his blossoming partnership with Brett Ormerod, stating that having seven first team strikers at the club can only be healthy for Forest’s promotion hopes

He added: “Brett’s a good player, I think he’s something we need as a senior pro, he’s experienced which is an added bonus, the gaffer will makes his decisions with him but it would be nice to play up front with him more.”

“When I was at Reading there was a total of eight strikers, it was a nightmare and it was the reason I ended up playing on the left wing! It is healthy because in theory there’s always someone who’ll be scoring even if the others aren’t.”

“It can be a pain but we all want promotion, if someone’s scoring the goals to get you promoted that’s all that matters-it would be stupid and selfish and want to play but the team not to be successful.”



No comments: