Wednesday 9 April 2008

We'll survive fright games


Kelvin Wilson has reiterated Nottingham Forest will give it everything they’ve got to succeed in the play-offs despite the end of season games being so frightening for players.

The Reds skipper, 22, was part of Preston North End’s play-off bid for the Premiership in 2006. And despite succumbing to Leeds in the semi-finals that year he feels the experience was all important.

He said: “I was on the bench for the games at Preston but the atmosphere was frightening. It was my first experience of it but it was brilliant.”

“They’re one off games and you’ve just go to out there and give it your all. Sometimes you need luck on your side but you’ve got to make luck be on your side.”

“You’ve got the biggest crowd of the season and your playing for a massive stake but that’s the pressure you’ve got to cope with and I think that the players are willing to take it on.”

“I’ve come here to get promotion. The aim is to play as high as you can and I’ve experienced it in the Championship for a little while and with the squad we’ve got here I believe we can be part of it.”

No comments: